This is a basic starter template for a backend project with Django as the server and PostgreSQL as the database.
About the template
- PostgreSQL used as the primary database.
- Superuser is already initialized with the credentials: Username-
[email protected], Password-
- Integration with Django Rest Framework
- Integrated Djoser for user register/login/logout workflows.
- Used JWT for Authentication.
- API Documentation is configured using swagger.
- Containerized using Docker and managed using docker-compose.
To get a local copy of this template up and running on your machine, follow these simple steps.
curl -fsSL https://get.docker.com -o get-docker.sh
sudo sh get-docker.sh
- Clone the repo
- Change the current directory to the template
- Build the docker containers
- Run the docker containers
API documentation is done using swagger. Visit
/swagger for API documentation.
See the open issues for a list of proposed features (and known issues).
Contributions are what make the open source community such an amazing place to be learn, inspire, and create. Any contributions you make are greatly appreciated.
- Fork the Project
- Create your Feature Branch (
git checkout -b feature/AmazingFeature)
- Commit your Changes (
git commit -m 'Add some AmazingFeature')
- Push to the Branch (
git push origin feature/AmazingFeature)
- Open a Pull Request
Distributed under the MIT License. See
LICENSE for more information.
Akshat Sharma - [email protected] Project Link: https://github.com/akshat2602/django-rest-template